Keep Your School In Business
KYSIB (September '06)
This project launched in January 2007 is designed to provide comprehensive arson, fire prevention and crime reduction advice to schools, combining Fire Service and Police information in an easy to read format.
KYSIB has been updated in 2010 and contains guidance to schools on carrying out their mandatory 'fire risk assessments' in order to comply with the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005 which became law on 1st October 2006. The guidance will be further revised subject to any future changes in the legislation.
The Main Changes in the 2010 update are in:
- Introduction to KYSIB
- Best Practice - Fire and Crime prevention
- Contained within the guide is all you need to know to make your school as risk free from fire as possible. By reducing the risk of accidental fires you also reduce the risk of arson.
Consider the UK facts:
- 38 school suffer fires per week
- 20 of those fires were deliberate ignition
- 90,000 children's education is disrupted by school arson every year
- 1/3 of all school arson fires occur during school hours
Insured property losses are running at £80 million per year...
WILL YOUR SCHOOL BE NEXT?
Don't become one of these statistics!
WMATF have no hard copies of 'Keep Your School in Business' available at present, we will continue to update the project and make it available as a FREE download. Any Brigades and businesses who would like to participate in this project please contact the WMATF team.
WMATF would like to publicly thank the Fire Service Research and Training Trust for the initial funding of this project.