Reporting a Void/Derelict Building
If you wish to report an insecure or void property, you should contact the Local Authority for the area in which it is situated. Click here for a list of main switchboard numbers for Councils. The operator will connect you to the relevant department once they have established who should deal with the problem.
When contacting the Local Authority you should provide the following information (if known):
- The address or a precise location of the building in question.
- The type of property, e.g. house, shop, factory etc.
- Whether the property is Council or privately owned, and owners details if known.
- Has the premises been void for 6 months or more?
- Has the property got open access?
- Has the property been used to dump refuse material?
- Are there any drug related paraphenalia on site?
- Has the property got a rat/mice infestation?
- Is the property being regulary accessed by unauthorised persons (youths etc)?
- Whether the property has been set on fire. (In many cases, when a derelict or void building has been set on fire and left unsecure, a repeat arson attack is made within a few days).
- Any other relevant information.
Council Switchboard Numbers
|Birmingham||0121 303 9944|
|Coventry||024 7683 3333|
|Sandwell||0121 569 2200|
|Solihull||0121 704 6000|